The Sr. IT Support Generalist is responsible for end-user and system-wide hardware and software support for users from receipt of issue to independent resolution and closure, particularly those of medium to high complexity, severity, or sensitivity. Mentors junior members of the team and is consulted as subject matter expert who helps guide other team members in handling complex technical issues. Assists other technical teams within and outside of IT in maintaining system-wide productivity and security applications, building a computing environment maximizing productivity and security.
* Responds to and resolves routine and 2nd-level hardware and software service requests from users, other team members, and systems engineers.
* Provides technical support to less-senior group members, and technical analysis and advice to IT Management.
* Reports escalations and potential issues to IT Services Lead or Manager.
* Maintains excellent communication with users, and follows up to verify acceptable outcome. Diagnoses login, application, email, hardware, performance, and advanced connectivity issues. Provides reasonable and accurate estimates of time to completion. Escalates to specialist or management when necessary.
* Trains new team members as directed by IT Services Lead; may train business and IT users on IT Services tools and resources.
* Creates and maintains documentation and training materials, using standard templates
* Creates and maintains domain accounts (users, groups, OUs).
* Manages priorities with minimal guidance.
* Understands and is able to modify automation scripts.
* Provides input for selecting new workstations, laptops, and peripherals.
* Researches and recommends solutions to system-wide and one-of-a-kind user requests such as applications and peripherals.
* Installs approved applications or peripherals for end users.
* Creates workstation images to be pushed out by imaging software. Refines existing workstation images by adding or removing components and applications, patching.
* Assists facilities with employee moves when needed.
* Working with the Telephony group, troubleshoots phones and phone systems.
* Configures, deploys, and maintains mobile devices.
* Completes other responsibilities as assigned
* Detailed, current knowledge of hardware standards and interoperability. Ability to stay current with all new technologies.
* A solid understanding of Windows 10, Mac OS, Active Directory, and networking.
* Familiarity with iOS and Android.
* A solid understanding of telephony components.
* Excellent problem solving, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills in the everyday environment.
* Able to manage incidents and tasks within SLAs.
* Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft Office products.
* Microsoft and/or Apple certifications are a plus.
* A sense of humor will go a long way.
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other and the world around them to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world’s top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communication & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential
Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen