Have you ever been to a conference for a major software vendor, listened to the keynote address and “big reveal,” which only left you thinking to yourself: “I could have done that in a weekend with a couple of friends…”
Well, that’s what our DevOps Engineers do here at LogMeIn. Our SaaS products are awesome, and our Developers are ingenious. In between there is a small group of incredibly talented people who take those ingenious ideas, and ensure that they become awesome products. We focus on the technology stack to ensure that it is scalable, and that our customer’s data is always secure. We look at the whole system and make sure that it’s properly monitored and highly available. We make sure the business runs smoothly by ensuring compliance obligations are met. But, the most important thing we do is build relationships with developers, auditors, security experts, business analysts, sales engineers, and customer support folks to ensure that our customers are able to enjoy working with the really cool stuff we build.
If you are someone that finds yourself obsessed with technology, has a little bit of a rebellious streak and knows that in the box thinking never results in awesome rewarding work. If you’re someone who wants an opportunity to grow and develop skills with a world-class group of technology experts, you might be in the right place.
Here is what you would “do” as a DevOps Engineer at LogMeIn:
• Build relationships with our internal technology partners, and contribute to an environment that empowers Developers to rapidly deploy high-quality code into production.
• Work with Architects and security experts to ensure connected services are secure – identify weak points, and fix them.
• Automate deployment, maintenance, and support tasks for the connected fabric; which builds the foundation layer for our services and products.
• Design, test, and deploy monitoring systems which enable the infrastructure to self-heal (and raise an alert if it can’t)
• Understand the structure and calculate the risks of working in a live, 24x7 production environment.
If you’ve read this far, and think this is the right job for you, please be ready to talk about your experience working with several of the following technologies for at least 2-3 years in a live environment:
• Public Cloud environments; such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
• Database technologies; such as MySQL/NDB, Cassandra, and Microsoft SQL
• Virtualization technologies; such as Hyper-V and vSphere
• Linux system administration; especially with implementations involving IPTables, advanced networking and routing requirements, and PAM modules
• Monitoring systems such as Graphana and Prometheus, but also including Cloud-based systems such as Cloudwatch, and WaveFront
• Working knowledge of at least one scripting/programming language
The alphabet soup of additional technologies that get us excited:
Ngnix + Naxi, Hack/HHVM/PHP, Puppet, GIT, Ruby, Python, Prometheus, Go, Java, LDAP, Spacewalk, Bash, Perl, HAProxy, Akamai: GTM, FastDNS, Kona, etc.
• Development of world-class software products with Research and Development Centers in Hungary and HQ in Boston
• FedEx days and annual Hackathons to introduce your most unique, innovative ideas
• Improve your knowledge: attend workshops, conferences, trainings, meetups all on LogMeIn
• Highly competitive remuneration packages in international comparison
• Free e-books and interactive English courses
• Office located just around the corner at Gozsdu Udvar, right in the middle of the Budapest gastroboom
• Bike and longboard friendly office with “Bring Your Pet to Work” days